Saturday, October 6, 2012

Several Things! (Most of them good. :) )

Hey guys! I guess I'm back, because I can't keep a promise to save my life. Anyway, I decided that since I used to have so much fun writing this blog, I'm not going to stop. SO...Mark of Athena.
The Mark of Athena was a more serious HoO book, but it really worked, since the dynamics in this book were so strong. The series and the characters are maturing, which is really nice, even though Percy is still a seaweed brain.  The romance in this book is really prominent. Jasper is going places. Percabeth has soared to new heights, (Like making me cry at the end of the book heights) and Frank and Hazel are at the awkward stage of their relationship. To make things better, there are Hazel/Leo sparks for a while, which causes Frank to hate Leo, and the Sammy/Leo problem is resolved. So to start off, the main characters, (Coach Hedge, Piper, Annabeth, Leo and Jason) are all headed to Camp Jupiter with absolutley no idea what's awaiting them. After meeting Terminus, they are welcomed into the Roman camp by everbody but Octivian. That's how the book starts. If you haven't read it yet, I won't spoil it for you.
*SPOILERS*
So. Tarturus. That scary place down in the underworld where monsters go? Yeah...well Percy and Annabeth are trapped down there. And Nico has been down there. And barley got out with his sanity. So yeah...most of you might say their done for. But once again, Rick leaves us with a cliffie that has us sitting on the edge of our seats, and then cussing him out. I think Rick will get them out in the next book, but I might be wrong. I'm interested to see how the whole Nico being a quest leader thing turns out.
Besides that, Rome is marching towards Camp Half-blood, ready to kill everything in sight. Yeah, Rick didn't leave us with a happy ending did he?
THE DEMIGOD DIARIES
This was a cool book by my standards. You get to see how Luke and Thalia met Annabeth, and all about the 'cursed blade'. You get to read about Buford, the magic table, and my favorite piece of machinery ever. It's just a plain cool book to have in your HoO or PJO library.


No comments:

Post a Comment